Dev team released ultrasn0w for iPhone 3G. Today they posted how to on blog
- Ensure you have upgraded to iPhone OS 3.0
- Jailbreak your iPhone 3G using redsn0w or PwnageTool (this will also install Cydia/Icy)
- Run Cydia or Icy
- Please add the repo
news June 22nd, 2009
Dev Team released redsn0w utility for MAC and Windows users. The latest version in 0.7.2.
redsn0w is an easy to use, multi-platform, multi-device jailbreaking and unlocking (iPhone 2G only) tool for the iPhone 2G (original iPhone), the iPhone 3G (but not the 3GS) and also the iPod touch (first and second generation). Currently it is available for Windows and Mac OS X (there are some issues using redsn0w with OS X PPC, please use an Intel Mac until we have this problem resolved).
- GOLDEN RULE: If you are using a 3G iPhone with yellowsn0w and rely on yellowsn0w to obtain cellular service, then you should NOT use redsn0w right now. Ultrasn0w (the 3G carrier unlock) is not included with this release and therefore your baseband will be locked and unable to use an operator other than the official one it was bought for. UltraSn0w will be released via APT (cydia and icy) soon. If you have an original iPhone (1st generation) then 3.0 carrier unlock works with this redsn0w release.
- Yellowsn0w in its current form will NOT work with the baseband version that is present in the 3.0 update, you will need Ultrasn0w, which will be released sometime soon, Ultrasn0w will work with all iPhone 3G models (but not 3GS), even ones that were previously unlockable, Ultrasn0w (when available) will be released via APT (this means you will be able to get it via Cydia or Icy).
- Please read all parts of this post before downloading and using these tools.
- Read items 1, 2 and 3 again and again.
- At the bottom of this post are the bittorrent files for the latest version of redsn0w.
- This app is suitable for the recent 3.0 release
- redsn0w will NOT work for the iPhone 3GS.
- redsn0w WILL work for Original iPhone (1st Generation), Original iPod touch, iPod touch 2G and the iPhone 3G (not the iPhone 3GS).
To use redsn0w simply upgrade the device in iTunes to firmware version 3.0 and run redsn0w to activate and jailbreak the device (and if you are using an original iPhone 2G, it will unlock it too!)
The iPhone 2.1 software update contains many bug fixes and improvements. To get it, connect your iPhone to your computer using iTunes 8 and click Check for Update.
- Decrease in call set-up failures and dropped calls
- Significantly better battery life for most users
- Dramatically reduced time to backup to iTunes
- Improved email reliability, notably fetching email from POP and Exchange accounts
- Faster installation of 3rd party applications
- Fixed bugs causing hangs and crashes for users with lots of third party applications
- Improved performance in text messaging
- Faster loading and searching of contacts
- Improved accuracy of the 3G signal strength display
- Repeat alert up to two additional times for incoming text messages
- Option to wipe data after ten failed passcode attempts
- Genius playlist creation
You can find the update in itunes and we’ll have it here shortly:
Just successfully updated my iPhone first generation to 2.0 firmare. It works great and I would like to share that method with all my readers.
You need following softwares and firmwares:
1) Install iTunes 7.7 (you don’t need to uninstall previous version of iTunes), connect iPhone to PC, synchronize(to save all contacts and etc.), disconnect and close iTunes.
2) Open iTunes 7.7, connect your iPhone and hold Home + Sleep/Wake button until it put into Restore more
3) Restore iPhone to Original 2.0 Firmware via iTunes 7.7 (Holding SHIFT on your keyboard press Restore button and select iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw) Quit iTunes when iPhone will be restored.
4) Rename folder C:\Documents and Settings\Your windows account name\Application Data\Apple Computer to Apple Computer backup and My Documents\My Music\iTunes to iTunes backup.
5) Uninstall iTunes 7.7 via Control Panel
6) Install iTunes 7.5
7) Connect iPhone to PC using DFU mode
- Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time.
- After exactly 10 seconds release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until you iTunes pops up a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
- The iPhone screen will remain black – important
This YouTube video should help you How to put your iPhone in DFU mode
8) Restore iPhone to Custom 2.0 Firmware (Holding SHIFT on your keyboard press Restore button and select 20_347_Cid.ipsw. If you get 16
news June 16th, 2008
So, what’s with the new iPhone 3G?
Well, it’s pretty much the same iPhone as before — except now it’s down to $200, and has way faster 3G data, A-GPS (which is even better than regular GPS), as well as a flush headphone jack (which is great for anyone who doesn’t want to use Apple’s bundled headphones). Oh, and it’s also a little thinner around the edges, and a little thicker at the center. If you want to know what it was like to try out, check out our iPhone 3G hands-on.
How’d they get the price so low? The iPhone used to be crazy expensive.
Actually, depending on how you do the math it’s not actually cheaper. Now, in some countries the iPhone is free when you sign up for service, and in the US you’ll pay $200 for the 8GB model — half what it was a month ago — so you’re definitely paying less up front. But the data plans cost more now, so you might wind up spending more money over the long run.
This is great interview with Brad Mays, AT&T PR made by editor of iphonebuzz.com Chase Higgins
Will you allow the iPhone 3G to be used on your pre paid service? No, each new iPhone requires a new, two-year contract. There will be no pre-paid or month-to-moth options.
Basically now there is no doubt, that the iPhone will not be able to be used on pre paid plans. This is unfortunate, as all the pre pay plans can do is give Apple more sales. It does not fit with Apple
The Electronic Slide
You know how sometimes you’re trying to make out with someone, but you’re just not getting that desired reaction? You touch that other person and nothing happens? Well, we’ve done a little troubleshooting and identified the problem: that device is locked. It does that automatically after you haven’t interacted with it for a minute. You gotta follow the directions and “Slide to Unlock” to get your groove back.
Charcoal, cotton babydoll t-shirt has the iPhone Slide to Unlock interface printed across the chest. Note that if you wear this shirt to a bar, in all likelihood, folks are going to use it as an excuse to touch your breasts. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.
You can buy it here for $17.99
The recently released iPhone SDK Beta 3 continues to give up juicy hints as to Apple
The first one was good, but take a look at this! The new version of iLiberty+ (OS X), version 1.5, has been updated with to include many new features and payloads, from assorted app packs, to a brand new, built in help file. Also, v1.5 comes with a new addition to the menu bar,
iPhone Journal is Stephen Fry proof thanks to caching by WP Super Cache